A compelling investment proposition
Market-leading operator with national scale
With 59 centres, Hollywood Bowl Group operates a high-quality, well-invested estate led by an experienced management team.
Significant market opportunity
Current ten-pin bowling penetration, usage rates and competitive price position in a growing leisure sector support future expansion and organic growth.
Revitalising the ten-pin bowling experience and driving engagement levels and revenue through strong customer understanding.
Core focus on team and culture
Customer-focused culture promotes consistent behaviours and attitudes from the best people, attracted, retained and nurtured through talent management and incentive programmes
Diversified revenue streams
Bowling accounts for half of Group revenue with the other half made up of amusements and food and drink.
Multiple levers to drive further growth
Strong returns and excellent customer feedback through ongoing refurbishments and customer innovations. A strong new centre pipeline is backed by a disciplined and rigorous site selection process.
Attractive financial model
Consistent strong financial performance and returns, driven by an ongoing capital investment programme and unrelenting focus on the customer experience.
Financial Highlights in FY2018
- Revenue Growth +£6.6m +5.8%
- Profit before Tax £23.9m
- LFL Revenue Growth +£2.0m +1.8%
- Final ordinary dividend per share 4.23p
- Group Adjusted EBITDA £36.2m
- Special dividend per share 4.33p
- Group Adjusted EBITDA Margin 30.0%
- Earnings per share 12.52p
Definitions for these are in the key performance indicators section of our 2018 Annual Report (pages 28 and 29).
Operational Highlights in FY2018
- Bowlplex integration and rebranding programme completed: all 11 sites now rebranded to Hollywood Bowl
- Five further centres refurbished or rebranded in FY2018, with strong returns
- Strong progress in new centre programme: two opened in the year and eight exchanged for openings before the end of FY2022
- Ongoing innovation of the customer proposition: VIP lanes now in 47 centres, the improved Hollywood Diner menu rolled out across the estate and a new scoring system is on trial
- Continued investment in our sector-leading technology platform driving improved e-commerce revenue and yield performance
- Team member development programme delivering excellent results: ten promoted to centre manager
- A strong balance sheet and excellent cash generation underpin our business mode