A compelling investment proposition
Market-leading operator with national scale
With 59 centres, Hollywood Bowl Group operates a high-quality, well-invested estate led by an experienced management team.
Significant market opportunity
Current ten-pin bowling penetration, usage rates and competitive price position in the leisure sector support future expansion and organic growth.
Customer-focused Business model
With strong customer understanding, Hollywood Bowl Group is revitalising the ten-pin bowling experience and driving up engagement levels and revenue.
Core focus on team and culture
Our customer-focused culture promotes consistent behaviours and attitudes. Our talent management and incentive programmes attract, retain and nurture the best people.
Diversified revenue streams
Bowling accounts for half of Group revenue. Amusements, food and drink make up the remainder.
Multiple levers to drive further growth
Our refurbishment programme is delivering strong returns and excellent customer feedback. A strong new centre pipeline is backed by a disciplined and rigorous site selection process. Ongoing innovation in the customer proposition and investment in technology enablers.
Attractive financial model
Consistent strong financial performance and returns are driven by our ongoing capital investment programme.
In the year following our listing on the London Stock Exchange, we have continued to deliver on our clear strategy for growth with strong financial and operational results.
Financial Highlights in FY2017
- Revenue Growth +£9.2m +8.8%
- Profit after Tax £18.3m
- LFL Revenue Growth +£3.6m +3.5%
- Final ordinary dividend per share 3.95p
- Group Adjusted EBITDA £33.4m
- Special dividend per share 3.33p
- Group Adjusted EBITDA Margin 29.3%
- Earnings per share 12.17p
Definitions for these are in the key performance indicators section of our 2017 Annual Report (pages 34 and 35).
Operational Highlights in FY2017
- Bowlplex integration and rebranding programme ahead of schedule: seven sites now rebranded to Hollywood Bowl
- Six further centres refurbished or rebranded in FY2017, with strong returns
- Strong progress in new centre programme: three opened in the year and four exchanged for FY2018 and FY2019 openings
- Ongoing innovation of the customer proposition: VIP lanes now in 40 centres, a new food menu launched and cashless amusements and ‘Pins on strings’ on trial
- Continued investment in our sector leading technology platform driving improved e-commerce, CRM, revenue and yield performance
- Team member development programme delivering excellent results: seven promoted to Centre Manager in the last 12 months
- A strong balance sheet and excellent cash generation underpin our business model