A compelling investment proposition
Market-leading operator with national scale
With more than 60 high quality centres, Hollywood Bowl Group operates a high-quality, well-invested estate led by an experienced management team.
Significant market opportunity
Current ten-pin bowling penetration, usage rates and competitive price position in the growing competitive socialising and leisure sectors support future expansion and organic growth.
Revitalising the ten-pin bowling experience and driving engagement levels and revenue through strong customer - focused insight, product innovation and continuous operational improvement.
Core focus on team and culture
Customer-focused culture promotes consistent behaviours and attitudes from the best people, attracted, retained and nurtured through talent management and incentive programmes
Diversified revenue streams
We offer a complete entertainment experience for our customers. Bowling accounts for half of Group revenue with the other half made up of amusements and food and drink.
Multiple levers to drive further growth
Strong returns and excellent customer feedback through ongoing refurbishments and customer innovations. A strong new centre pipeline is backed by a disciplined and rigorous site selection process for both bowling and the new "Puttstars" mini-golf concept trial.
Attractive financial model
Consistent strong financial performance and returns, driven by an ongoing capital investment programme and unrelenting focus on the customer experience.
Financial Highlights in FY2019
- Revenue Growth +£9.4m +7.8%
- Profit before Tax £27.6m
- LFL Revenue Growth +5.5%
- Final ordinary dividend per share 5.16p
- Group Adjusted EBITDA £38.2m
- Special dividend per share 4.50p
- Earnings per share 14.86p
Definitions for these key performance indicators are in our Annual Report.
Operational Highlights in FY2019
- Six centres refurbished and a further two AMF centres refurbished and rebranded to Hollywood Bowl in FY2019, with returns above targeted 33 per cent
- Strong progress in new centre programme: two opened in the year and ten centres in the development pipeline to FY2023
- Ongoing innovation of the customer proposition with our new scoring system being rolled out across the estate with 24 centres completed at the end of FY2019; ‘Pins on strings’ now installed in 11 centres; cashless change machines now in 35 centres and Play for Prizes in 52 centres
- Continued investment in our sector-leading technology platform and marketing programmes driving improved e-commerce revenue and yield performance
- Our team member development programme continues to deliver excellent results: six assistant managers promoted to centre manager and overall team member turnover reduced by 13% pts year-on-year
- A strong balance sheet and excellent cash generation underpin our business model